When a rocket has been sold to millions of model rocketeers for over three decades, there has to be a reason. With its high quality components, easy assembly, and reliable performance, the Estes Alpha has become the all time leading entry level rocket!
Building this awesome rocket takes about an afternoon and flying is just as easy and enjoyable as building this classic. When powered with a C engine, the rocket can reach cloud topping altitudes of 1000 feet. Recovery of this aerodynamic wonder is accomplished with a colorful 12 inch preassembled parachute.
Its suggested color scheme and classy red, white and blue decals are as American as you can get. You'll feel patriotic building this sleek and colorful rocket as well as flying it. Get an Alpha and start flying today!
- Skill Level 1
- Laser cut Wood Fins, Self-stick Decals, 12 in. (30.5 cm) Parachute Recovery
- Recommended Engines: 1/2A6-2, A8-3 (first launch), A8-5, B4-4, B6-4, B6-6, C6-5, C6-7
- Length: 12.3 in. (31.2 cm)
- Diameter: .98 in. (25 mm)
- Estimated Weight: .8 oz. (22.7 g)
- Projected Max Altitude: 1000 ft. (305 m)
What you need to build:
- Fine Sandpaper
- Carpenters Glue
- Hobby Knife
- Masking Tape
- Primer (White)
- Paint (Red, White)
- Tools, construction and finishing supplies not included
What you need to launch (sold separately):
- Estes Porta-Pad II Launch Pad and Electron Beam Launch Controller
- Estes Model Rocket Engines
- Recovery Wadding
Estes model rocketry is recommended for boys and girls ages 10+ with adult supervision for those under 12, and rocketeers of all ages.